Enhancing Your Meditation Practice

The truth is, you do not need anything to meditate other than your attention. Don't feel that you'll need to go out and spend a lot of money buying all kinds of fancy things to be successful. They can add to the experience but if it's overwhelming then it can take away from it. The key is to find somewhere quiet where you can sit comfortably and undisturbed. That's it.

However, every day looks different for me. I like to include various items and mix it up according to my mood. Sometimes I feel like smelling some uplifting orange essential oils in my diffuser, other days some quiet music to sooth and relax is what I want. On a beautiful summer morning, I might take my SUP board out to the middle of a lake and let nature be my meditation muse!



                                                                              Photo by Chilmars on Pexels


Find your path. What feels right for you? Here's a list of some ideas...

  1. Meditation cushions or pillows
  2. Meditation benches or stools
  3. Yoga mat, blanket or rug for comfort
  4. Meditation shawl or blanket for warmth
  5. Timer or app to keep track of time
  6. Incense
  7. Essential oils and diffusers for relaxation
  8. Candles for ambiance
  9. Guided meditation recordings or apps
  10. Music or nature sounds for focus
  11. Mala beads for mantra repetition.
  12. Yantras and Mandalas
  13. Cymbals and bells
  14. Tibetan singing bowls
  15. Chakra crystals

Comments

Most Popular Blog